Camp Douglas is a part of the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg camps branch and is located just 35 km northwest of Winnipeg, just outside of Woodlands and off highway 6. Formally Salvation Army Camp Woodlands, the site was acquired by YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg in March of 2010.
Bus Transportation Information
We use buses to transport the campers to and from Camp Douglas. We will have a supervisor on each bus. All buses depart and return from the West Portage YMCA-YWCA, 3550 Portage Avenue
Boarding Time – 8:15 a.m. – buses will depart at 8:45 a.m.
Return Time – Approximately 3:30 p.m.
*****For spring break camp, please check your receipt for bus times
Please note: All campers must be signed in and out of Y by an authorized person. Campers 13+ can sign for themselves, if authorized by a parent/guardian within 3 business days of boarding or return.
Personal Transportation Information
If you are arranging for your camper’s transportation to Camp Douglas yourself, please be at camp at 9:30 a.m.
If you are arranging transportation from Camp Douglas at the end of camp, pick up time is 2:30 p.m.
- From Perimeter Highway, head north on Highway 6
- You will pass Grosse Isle and Warren before arriving at the town of Woodlands
- On the north end of Woodlands, you are turning west (left) onto a dirt road (#82)
- Landmarks for this dirt road: on the right hand side of the highway is a Camp Douglas sign, you will have just passed a Shell station on your left, there is Midway Prefab homes on your right, there is a large sign on your left for Miami Beach
- Once you are heading west on the dirt road, the site is 2.5 km and on the north (right) side of the road. There is a large Camp Douglas sign.
- Once you arrive at camp, follow the road straight in front of you to the traffic circle. A staff will meet you there.